The rules regarding this site's league should be fairly straight-forward. So that there is no confusion, we'll lay it all out below.
- You must be 18 to play. Refer to your local region's laws regarding prize eligibility.
- Your rider selections will be locked in at the official race start time.
- Rider Handicaps give you points as if the rider had finished X number of places better, where X is their handicap.
- Each week there will be underdog riders chosen by the league administrator. Underdog riders are highlighted and listed in bold. If an underdog rider finishes in the top 10 AFTER handicaps are factored in, this rider will be awarded double points. If they finish outside the top 10, they only get the standard points.
- You cannot pick a rider two weeks in a row. They will be shown, but crossed out when you are choosing riders.
- Four and only four riders can be selected per class, per race.
- More than one team can select the same rider in the same race.
- If you do not choose any riders for a race, you will not receive any points for that round. Keep in touch with us via Twitter, Facebook, RSS or our front page updates to make sure this doesn't happen.
- If you have a bad week, or miss a round, don't worry, we drop the worst round for each team. For SX, you will pick a total of 17 rounds, with the highest 16 rounds being added for your overall points for the season. For MX, you will pick a total of 12 rounds, with the highest 11 rounds being added for your overall points for the season.
- Riders will be listed and available to be picked several days before the race, usually the preceding Tuesday.
- Race results (and team rankings) will be updated within a day of each race, (in most cases, within a few hours after the checkered flag) almost assuredly by the following Tuesday night.
- We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time.
- Any user found cheating in any way will be removed from the league and their registration(s) will be forfeit.
- Series or Season
- One year of AMA Motocross OR Supercross races.
- A league of players competing in a series.
- Rider Handicap
- Modifies a rider's finishing place as though the rider had finished X places higher, where X is the handicap.
- A rider chosen by the administrator to make the league more competitive. If an underdog finishes in the top 10, they give double points to teams that pick them. If they finsh outside the top 10, they get standard points.
- MotocrossFantasy.com uses official AMA points as a base and then modifies that based on rider handicaps and underdog status. Motocross points will be awarded by moto, not the overall.
- Each registered user of this site is referred to as a team.
- One weekend worth of AMA racing.
All points will follow AMA point system. Example 1st = 25 points, 2nd = 22 points, 3rd = 20 points, etc. If a rider does not qualify, he does not get any points. Heats and qualifiers do not award points.
If you have a bad week, or miss a round, don't worry, we drop the worst round for each team. For SX, you will pick a total of 17 rounds, with the highest 16 rounds being added for your overall points for the season. For MX, you will pick a total of 12 rounds, with the highest 11 rounds being added for your overall points for the season.
During the Supercross Season, points are awarded for the rider's overall finish. During the Motocross Season, points are awarded per moto, not their overall finish. This is the same way the AMA awards points to the riders.
Each Team Owner must hire 4) 450 Riders and 4) 250 Riders for an event. Riders listed in gray are "Underdog" riders. An "Underdog" rider is worth double points for an event, IF THEY FINISH INSIDE THE TOP 10 AFTER THE HANDICAPS ARE CALCULATED.
Here are some examples:
- If we have Colt Nichols listed as an "Underdog" with no handicap for Hangtown and he places 8th in the 1st Moto. AMA points for an 8th is 13 points, but since Colt was an "Underdog", he was now worth 26 points for you. Had he placed outside of the top 10, in say 15th, you would have received his normal total of 6 points. Hiring an "Underdog" rider can be big points if he finishes top 10 after his handicap.
- Lets say Mitchell Harrison races Hangtown and is listed as an "Underdog" with an 8 handicap. He goes out, qualifies and gets 15th in the 1st Moto. AMA points for 15th is 6 points, but since Mitchell had an 8 handicap, his place would be calculated as a 7th place finish which is 14 points. Since he was also an "Underdog", he was now worth 28 points for you. Had Mitchell placed 20th, calculate the 8 handicap, and it is like he finished 12th. He would have received his normal total of 9 points for a 12th place finish.
- If for some reason, the "GOAT" decides to race Hangtown, we will give him an "Underdog" status. He will probably go out and win and earn 25 points, but since he was an "underdog" we will double his points to 50.
- The max points a non-underdog rider can get in an event or moto is 25. The max points an underdog rider can get in an event or moto is 50.